You know that JAZZ.FM91 broadcasts the music you love and the information you need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But did you know that JAZZ.FM91 is a registered charity, and does not receive any government funding to operate.
JAZZ.FM91 is independent, and not part of a media conglomerate. We run many essential community outreach programs to support emerging artists and local jazz legends, and to promote jazz among young people.
JAZZ.FM91 is a listener-supported station. Still, our donors account for only 2 per cent of our total listening audience. Become a donor today, and help keep jazz strong — on the air and in the community.
How to donate
- Go to jazz.fm/donate
- Call us at 1-800-811-2400
- Send a cheque or money order made out to JAZZ.FM91 to:
Attn: Member Services
4 Pardee Ave, Unit 100
Become a JAZZ.FM91 voting member
Anyone whose donations have totalled $240 or more for the fiscal year (Sept. 1 to Aug. 31) to which the AGM relates is considered a donor member for that year.
Other ways to donate
If you hold investments in a taxable investment account that have appreciated in value, consider donating the investments themselves to JAZZ.FM91. By donating investments that have appreciated in value you will be exempt from the capital gains tax on the donated investment. You’ll also receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of your donation.
Types of qualifying investments:
- Shares, bonds or rights listed on a designated stock exchange
- Mutual funds
- Exchange-traded funds
- Interest in related segregated funds
- Government bonds
Aeroplan Beyond Miles
JAZZ.FM91 is pleased to be a participant in the Aeroplan Beyond Miles Program. Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles Program focuses on supporting organizations who want to improve the lives of people in their local communities. For JAZZ.FM91, we improve the lives of our community through music, offering free music programs to youth, and producing more than 70 concerts in the community each year. Miles donated will make a major impact on JAZZ.FM91’s travel budget which is used to bring musicians to and from Toronto for live concerts, specialists to conduct youth music workshops and music seminars, etc.
Click here to donate to this program.
Donating to JAZZ.FM91 by way of the following can also offset taxes that are imposed after life on your estate.
Life insurance policy
You can donate a life insurance policy to charity in these ways:
- Name JAZZ.FM91 as the beneficiary of an existing policy. This is a good option if you already have a policy that your family no longer needs for financial stability. At the time of your death, JAZZ.FM91 will receive the policy proceeds and your estate will receive the tax benefits – the donation limit in the year of death (and preceding taxation year) is increased to 100% of the person’s net income.
- Transfer ownership of an existing policy to JAZZ.FM91 and receive a charitable tax receipt for the cash value of the policy. If you owe annual premiums on the policy, you’ll still pay them, but you’ll also receive tax receipts in the amount of your payments.
- Take out a new policy in the name of JAZZ.FM91. You’ll receive a charitable tax receipt for the cash value of the policy and for any premiums you pay.
Bequests in your will
Leaving a gift to JAZZ.FM91 under your will may produce a valuable tax credit on your final tax return. In the year of death and the prior year you may be able to claim a donation tax credit for up to 100% of your net income. You may choose to bequeath a percentage of your estate instead of an absolute dollar amount so that the amount of your gift is automatically kept in line with the amount of your wealth.
Naming JAZZ.FM91 as a beneficiary to your RRSP, RRIF, LIF or TFSA
You may consider naming JAZZ.FM91 as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF, LIF or TFSA. When a charitable organization such as JAZZ.FM91 is named as a beneficiary the proceeds of the account are paid directly to the charity upon death. This helps to reduce probate fees on an estate.