As part of an enhanced listener experience, we have, with the support of Maytree, created a supplementary research component to expand on The Journey to Jazz and Human Rights documentary podcast series. To find out more information about the artists and songs you heard in the third episode, please see the links below.
- Nina Simone – Feeling Good, 1:25; Strange Fruit, 18:15; Backlash Blues, 27:47; Mississippi Goddam!, 30:22
- Lil Hardin Armstrong – Doin’ the Suzie Q, 4:36
- Mary Lou Williams – Aries, 38:00; St. Martin de Porres, 41:03
- Benny Goodman – Roll ‘Em, 9:57
- Melba Liston – You Don’t Say, 42:08
- Esperanza Spalding – Radio Song, 50:05; Heaven in Pennies, 51:05
Read more about other episodes in this series: