- 2 monkfish fillets, 1-inch thick 1 1/2 lbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cubed 3 sticks
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced plus 4 lemon slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line an earthenware or baking dish with foil.
- Place the monkfish fillets in the pan and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Top the fish with the cubed butter, the lemon juice and the white wine. Sprinkle with the minced garlic and chopped herbs and add two slices of lemon to each fillet.
- Bake the fish for 10-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.