- This event has passed.
World of Jazz Festival, presented by B-Jazzed
September 12 – September 13Free
The 4th annual World of Jazz Festival, presented by B-Jazzed, is proud to announce it has created a hybrid event, hosting both LIVE and virtual performances, taking place Sept. 12-13.
Featuring 20 ensembles over two days, local audiences can enjoy free performances throughout Brampton and at restaurants in the downtown core on Saturday, Sept. 12, and world-wide audiences can watch a live in-studio, professionally produced virtual concert on Sunday, Sept. 13.
Live Community & Restaurant Performances
The admission-free World of Jazz Festival kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 12 with bands playing live bebop, swing, Gypsy jazz, reggae and funk music at three different Brampton locations between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., and salsa, jazz standards, indie/pop and blues at five restaurants in downtown Brampton from 6 to 8 p.m.
Live Virtual Concert
Sunday, Sept. 13 boasts an amazing lineup of eight bands, streaming live from 1 to 9 p.m. on the World of Jazz pages on Facebook and YouTube and at worldofjazz.ca. The live-stream, which can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home, will feature the following performances:
- 1 p.m.: Carmen Spada (jazz standards/originals)
- 2 p.m.: Sarah Thawer & Friends (jazz fusion/funk)
- 3 p.m.: Kirk MacDonald Quartet (bebop)
- 4 p.m.: Luanda Jones (Brazilian jazz)
- 5 p.m.: The Yonge Kings (brass band/NOLA)
- 6 p.m.: Donnybrook (soul jazz)
- 7 p.m.: Johan Aguirre Y Salsotika (Latin jazz)
- 8 p.m.: Natural Elements (blues)
(Times subject to change)
Visit worldofjazz.ca for a full festival schedule and access to the virtual concert.