Caity Gyorgy has won the Juno Award for vocal jazz album of the year for the second straight time.
Renee Rosnes, the Florian Hoefner Trio and Angelique Francis were among the other winners at the 52nd annual Juno Awards’ opening night gala in Edmonton on Saturday.
Juno Awards: Caity Gyorgy wins for second straight year
Ernesto Cervini, Luis Deniz, The Ostara Project, Diana Panton, Lauren Falls, Rafael Zaldivar, Mark Kelso & the Jazz Exiles, the Carn Davidson 9 and BADBADNOTGOOD were some of the other nominees.
Michael Bublé won adult contemporary album of the year.
Here are all the 2023 nominees in the Junos’ jazz and related categories, with the winners in bold.
Vocal Jazz Album of the Year
- Caity Gyorgy – Featuring
- Diana Panton – blue
- Laura Anglade and Sam Kirmayer – Venez donc chez moi
- Nikki Yanofsky – Nikki by Starlight
- The Ostara Project – The Ostara Project
Jazz Album of the Year: Solo
- Ernesto Cervini – Joy
- Lauren Falls – A Little Louder Now
- Luis Deniz – El Tinajon
- Rafael Zaldivar – Rumba
- Renee Rosnes – Kinds of Love
Jazz Album of the Year: Group
- Andrew Rathbun Quintet – Semantics
- BADBADNOTGOOD – Talk Memory
- Carn Davidson 9 – The History of Us
- Florian Hoefner Trio – Desert Bloom
- Mark Kelso & the Jazz Exiles – The Dragon’s Tail
Blues Album of the Year
- Angelique Francis – Long River
- Crystal Shawanda – Midnight Blues
- Harrison Kennedy – Thanks for Tomorrow
- Spencer Mackenzie – Preach to My Soul
- The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer – Live at the King Eddy