JAZZ.FM91 has an exciting opportunity for a creative radio sales professional who excels at selling ideas, building partnerships with direct clients and motivating others to do the same. As the leader of our sales team you’ll enjoy working in a collaborative and empowering environment where traditional radio meets live entertainment.
JAZZ.FM91 is committed to entertaining, inspiring and uniting our local community and the global jazz community we serve through programming, live performance, education and storytelling. We believe jazz is unifying at its core. Jazz is collaborative and improvisational; it is curious and fearless and inclusive. Jazz is all of us at our best.
As our Business Development Manager you enjoy selling directly to local business partners while motivating and coaching your team to do the same. For 60% of the time you bring strong leadership, coaching and creativity to a team that is passionate about our audience and loves to deliver results for our clients. As an expert in direct business development you lead by example; 40% of your time is spent creating and selling client focussed advertising, programming and event sponsorship solutions to local business owners who love the loyalty of our listener supporters.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 5 years radio advertising experience
- A proven track record of new business development success
- Strong leadership and coaching experience
- Strong understanding of radio and digital marketing
- Proven budget management skills
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding goals
- Proven success in non-traditional or sponsorship selling
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Strong belief that continuous learning is vital to continued success
- Commitment to a fun, collaborative and motivating environment
- Desire to win and see your team win as a team
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation: salary plus commission
- Full benefits package including health, life and disability insurance
- Optional participation in Group Retirement Savings Plan
- An empowering, supportive and winning team environment
JAZZ.FM91 is committed to reflecting the communities we serve. We value a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful, safe and empowering for all staff. We welcome and encourage applications from Equity groups which include but may not be limited to racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTIQ and gender non-conforming communities.
If you’re a leader who believes you can help JAZZ.FM91 realize its vision of making jazz accessible to everyone, we want to hear from you. Email a cover letter, earnings expectation and resume to email@example.com.