Twenty years ago on Jan. 1, 2001, CJRT-FM, after more than 50 years of broadcasting, made the change to an all-jazz format and became Canada’s only 24-hour jazz radio station: JAZZ.FM91.
Everything that JAZZ.FM91 is today is a culmination of the passion and hard work of many hundreds of people — in front of and behind the mic, on the stage and behind the curtains, educators and artists, volunteers and dedicated listeners — all of whom have been a part of this station in the time since the switch was turned on back in 1949.
We’re pleased to offer a celebratory CD, available only to JAZZ.FM91 donors, as our thank you for the last two decades of your support. It is also a tribute to just a few of the many Canadian artists who fill our airwaves every day. They are those you have heard on JAZZ.FM91 and CJRT-FM for decades and those whose careers we hope to have helped shaped over these last 20 years.
None of this happens without your support — and the music.
So please enjoy, and above all, thank you.
- Oliver Jones & Skip Bey – Girl Talk
- Emilie-Claire Barlow – These Boots Were Made for Walking
- Kollage – Lonely Woman
- Lori Cullen – Both Sides Now
- Guido Basso & Jimmy Dale – You’re Nearer
- June Garber & Jackie Richardson – Just for a Thrill
- Denzal Sinclaire – Exactly Like You
- Mike Murley, Reg Schwager & Steve Wallace – Isfahan
- Richard Underhill – Hustle Up
- Jane Bunnett and Maqueque – On Firm Ground
- Barbra Lica – Hello From My Basement
- Joe Sealy & Paul Novotny – True Blue
- Laila Biali – We Go
- Molly Johnson – I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You
- John MacLeod’s Rex Hotel Orchestra – B.V. (Before Virginia)
- Project manager: Jaymz Bee
- Project director: Michael Booth
- Music director: Brad Barker
- Authorizing and mastering: Glenn Crosse
- Graphic design and layout: Richard Jacobson and Laura Fernandez
- Logo: Adam Feibel
- Pressing: Zoran Busic at cdexperts.com
How to donate
This celebratory CD is our thank-you gift for a donation of at least $200 (or $16.67 monthly). Just go to jazz.fm/donate and select it from the dropdown menu to claim this gift.