Event: Mardi Gras Sessions: Get Your Mask On With Alexa!
Date: June 8, 2021
Venue: This event will be livestreamed
Start time: 7:00 PM
End time: 8:00 PM
Join us on Tuesday, June 8th at 7:00 pm for our first Niagara’s Summer MARDI GRAS Session of the season, featuring special guest artist Alexa Fraser!
St.Catharines-based puppet and mask artist Alexa Fraser will guide viewers to create their own one-of-a-kind Mardi-Gras mask! Using inexpensive craft supplies, you can create a fabulous mask to help you celebrate Mardi Gras in style!
For this session you will need:
– Paper half mask (store bought or cut out of paper plate, bristol board or cardboard)
– Acrylic paint in your desired colours
– Paint brushes
– Dowel or chopstick for mask holder or thin elastic to fit around your head
– Hot glue or white glue
– Decorations for your mask (depending on the style you choose): Feathers, Glitter, Sequins/rhinestones, Braided or sequin trim, Paper or fabric flowers, Jewels, brooches or parts of broken jewelry, Ribbon
– Optional: white glue, Gloss Mod Podge or hairspray (for sealing glitter)
– Optional: small pieces of felt (for joining groups of feathers)
This is a FREE livestream, which will be available on the TD Niagara Jazz Festival’s Facebook and YouTube pages.
For more information about this session: www.niagarajazzfestival.com/mardigras-sessions/
For more upcoming shows please visit our website: www.niagarajazzfestival.com