Maddie Zeidenberg is a 4th year student at York University, majoring in jazz voice. She has been performing in the Toronto-area for 2 years at venues including the Royal York Hotel’s Epic Lounge and Restaurant. She has performed with guitarist Mike Cado, and singer Sherie Marshall. Maddie has also worked as a background vocalist on studio recordings.
Maddie has been singing in choirs since she was five years old. At York University, she has been a member of the Gospel choir, led by Karen Burke, and has also been in the jazz choir, led by Mim Adams. She’s currently in the York University R&B ensemble. Maddie also takes voice instruction from Sherie Marshall at York, and with private teacher Chris Chinchilla, a Toronto area singer. Maddie is the Jazz Representative of the Music Students’ Association at York.
Maddie currently sings every Sunday night at the Bellafornia Restaurant & Bar in Thornhill, where she is accompanied by pianist Tony DeDenato.
Maddie’s Jazzology Playlist:
- “At Last” – Maddie Zeidenberg (2018)
- “Cry Me A River” – Julie London (1955)
- “Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars” – Joao Gilberto & Astrid Gilberto (1965)
- “You Know I’m No Good” – Amy Winehouse (2007)
- “Black Coffee” – Ella Fitzgerald (1960)
- “I Got Rhythm” – Nikki Yanofsky (2010)
- “Midnight Sun” – Ella Fitzegerald (1964)
- “Stardust” – Michael Buble (2009)
Jazzology with Heather Bambrick can be heard Wednesdays at 9 pm.