October 3, 2018
JAZZ.FM91 Responds to Notice of Application issued October 2, 2018
Yesterday, JAZZ.FM91 received a Notice of Application issued by Applicant Brian Hemming filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice – Commercial List.
JAZZ.FM91 challenges the assertions made by the Applicant, Mr. Brian Hemming. We will respond to the Notice of Application accordingly.
Moreover, we have been advised by counsel that in order to protect the privacy of our donors, we are not required to provide email addresses or phone numbers to Mr. Hemming. Pursuant to the Ontario Corporations Act, Mr. Hemming was provided with the names and addresses of donor members (those donors contributing $240 or more in a fiscal year) upon receipt of his affidavit. JAZZ.FM91 has not previously shared donor addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other confidential information with other individuals or organizations.
Board Chair, David McGown, met with Mr. Hemming in September to discuss some of the assertions later raised in Mr. Hemming’s Application.
With respect to donor members being issued notice regarding Annual General Meetings, JAZZ.FM91 confirms that:
- For the F2017 Annual General Meeting held August 31st, 2018:
- 1,935 notices were emailed August 20, 2018;
- 98 notices were mailed August 18, 2018.
- For the F2016 Annual General Meeting held July 20th , 2017:
- 1,758 notices were emailed June 29, 2017;
- 105 notices were mailed June 27, 2017.
- For the F2015 Annual General Meeting held July 12th , 2016:
- 1,637 notices were emailed June 29, 2016;
- 141 notices were mailed June 27, 2016.
- For the F2014 Annual General Meeting held March 19th, 2015:
- 1,680 notices were emailed March 4, 2015;
- 210 notices were mailed March 5, 2015.
JAZZ.FM91 is committed to protecting the rights of our donors.
For further information contact:
Charles S. Cutts, interim President and CEO, 416.595.0404 firstname.lastname@example.org.