As Canada’s only 24/7 all jazz radio broadcaster and listener supported charitable organization, JAZZ.FM91 is committed to entertaining, inspiring and uniting our local community and the global jazz community we serve through programming, live performance, education and storytelling. We believe jazz is unifying at its core. Jazz is collaborative and improvisational; it is curious and fearless and inclusive. Jazz is all of us at our best.
About the Role
The Finance and HR Director plays a key role in the strategic and operational management of JAZZ.FM91. As a member of the senior management team and reporting to the General Manager, the Finance and HR Director provides strategic leadership, management and direction in the administration, business planning, accounting, budgeting, human resource management and policies and procedures development.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and the chance to be part of a strong, committed team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the finance team, ensuring clear, complete and accurate accounting and reporting. Ensure that accounting and reporting procedures are efficient and effective.
- Analyze and present financial reports in a clear, accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze and prepare financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all project/program and grants accounting.
- Oversee implementation of the investment policy.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaising with the external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in cooperation with the GM.
- Implement a robust contract management system.
- Update, document and implement all necessary finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in strategic planning as a member of the JAZZ.FM91 leadership team
Human Resources Management
- Update, document and implement all necessary HR policies and procedures, emphasizing JAZZ.FM91’s core values. Monitor compliance.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined, with a focus on succession planning.
- Pay particular attention to the development of effective onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Support initiatives to build a high-performance culture, including the establishment of coaching, career pathing, goal setting, peer feedback and performance improvement plans.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, ideally including five or more years at a management level.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate finance and accounting concepts to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in grants management is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting software. Experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to JAZZ.FM91’s vision to make jazz accessible to everyone.
JAZZ.FM91 is committed to reflecting the communities we serve. We value a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful, safe and empowering for all staff. We welcome and encourage applications from Equity groups which include but may not be limited to racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTIQ and gender non-conforming communities.
If you’re a team leader who believes you can help JAZZ.FM91 realize its vision of making jazz accessible to everyone, we want to hear from you. Email a cover letter with salary expectation and resume to email@example.com.