BusinessWeek magazine called us “one of the best radio stations in the world”
We received our broadcasting license in 1947 and continue to thrive as an independent voice in a marketplace dominated by several large broadcasters. Over the years, our format and technology have changed, but our mandate remains the same – to enrich the cultural, educational and arts experience of listeners around the world.
We have built a passionate and loyal audience who craves diversity and musical sophistication, embraced through an all-jazz format within a non-profit, arts and education context. With 700,000+ listeners tuning in via one of the many ways to access us – radio, web, or our iPhone, iPad or Android apps – we have proven that there is a place for an independent voice. More than a broadcaster, JAZZ.FM91 offers youth education programs (with over 1,000 youth participating each year), adult education, and live concerts and events through-out the year (over 7,000 attend annually).
If you are interested in making a difference in Toronto’s cultural landscape, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of
Administrative and Fundraising Coordinator
Key Role Responsibilities/Activities/Deliverables:
The Administrative and Fundraising Coordinator will often be the first point of contact with JAZZ.FM91 as s/he will respond to incoming phone calls and greet guests entering the station. The Coordinator is responsible for administrative support to the fundraising department and will also provide administrative support to other departments. The Coordinator also participates in fundraising activities; including donor relations, volunteer coordination, and special events.
The Coordinator will ensure that every interaction our guests, donors, and volunteers have with JAZZ.FM91 is a positive one. While not necessarily an expert in databases, the Coordinator will be able to input data into our database and provide back-up to the Senior Fundraising and Database Coordinator.
The Coordinator will also play a large role in our on-going campaigns. This will include scheduling volunteers, securing prizing and fulfilling gifts.
The Coordinator reports to the Director, Fundraising and Corporate Partnerships, and the Vice President, Finance and Operations.
Public / Donor relations (30%)
- Answers and directs incoming calls and general emails.
- Answers the door for incoming guests to the station.
- Answers donor questions, provides excellent customer service and offers enhanced donor relations.
- Contacts donors for renewals, upgrades and updates. Accesses and maintains call information in the database, so success and trends can be managed.
- Ensures timely and efficient gift, incentive and loyalty reward fulfillment.
- Seeks new opportunities to make donors care about JAZZ.FM91.
Fundraising coordination (25%)
- Assists in the coordination of the fundraising and volunteer components of on-air campaigns including, prizing and incentive planning, volunteer scheduling, prizing and print materials.
- In conjunction with the Director, Fundraising & Corporate Partnerships, cultivates and nurtures successful and productive relationships with current and potential corporate supporters and individual donors.
Volunteer relations (20%)
- Assisting in maintaining volunteer schedule for events, on-air and renewal campaigns and other station needs.
- Assist with creating meaningful volunteer communications and ensures these are accurately distributed.
- Answers volunteer questions, provide excellent customer service and offer enhanced volunteer relations.
- Assists in recruiting new volunteers.
Office Coordination: (15%)
- Provides administrative support to the office, as needed, including meeting coordination and contacting suppliers, etc.
Database maintenance and support (10%)
- Enters pledges, gifts and other donor information into the database.
- Supports the Senior Fundraising and Database Coordinator as needed.
Other duties as required.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- At least two years of work experience in a philanthropic role;
- Exceptional customer service and/or donor relations and/or volunteer management experience;
- Has the ability to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, clients, partners and other stakeholders;
- Previous database experience, preferably Raiser’s Edge;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- A track-record of being a team player who can lead and be an exceptional contributor;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good time-management skills and the ability to work to a deadline;
- Post-secondary education; and
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends during concerts and other fundraising initiatives.
This search process will commence immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is selected. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest, in confidence, to email@example.com.