JAZZ.FM91 Posts Solid Year-Over-Year Performance on Latest Ratings Book
September 9, 2018
The latest rating book was just released for Summer 2018 which covered the period of May 28, 2018 through to August 26, 2018. The ratings are provided by Numeris Radio Meter.
During the 13-week period, JAZZ.FM91’s core demographic share of adults aged 35- to 64-years-old (the demographic our advertisers use), our share percentage climbed to 1.5 versus 1.3 one year earlier.
Other notable trends comparing Summer 2018 to Summer 2017 are positive, including the following trends adults 12+:
- Share: 2.1 up from 1.4;
- Weekly Reach: 374,700 up from 292,500;
- Average Minute Audience: 7.0 up from 4.8.
Overall, our shows performed as follows:
Share (Adults 35 to 64):
- Show which increased, include: Music To Listen To Jazz By, Afternoon Drive and Sunday Breakfast Blend;
- Top four shows include: Music To Listen To Jazz By, Stolen Moments, Ronnie’s Show and The Big Band Show;
- The highest ranked show by share is Music To Listen To Jazz By with 5.0 versus 4.3 in the Spring 2018 Book.
Weekly Reach (Adults 35 to 64):
- Shows which increased, include: Sunday’s Breakfast Blend, Music Mornings, First Listen and most Night & Day airings;
- Our top four programs include: Afternoon Drive, Midday Jazz, Dinner Jazz and Music Mornings;
- The show with the highest ranked weekly reach: Afternoon Drive with 67,000.
AMA (Adults 35 to 64):
- Shows which increased, include: Music To Listen To Jazz By, Radio Deluxe, Music Mornings, Sunday Breakfast Blend and most of Night & Day;
- Our top five shows include: Afternoon Drive, Big Band, Ronnie Scott’s, Midday Jazz and Music To Listen To Jazz By.
- Our highest ranked AMA is Afternoon Drive with 4.6 vs 4.8 in the Spring book.
Similar to other radio stations, during the 13-week summer period versus the 13-week spring period, the industry experienced a downward trend:
*Toronto Station Rankers A35-64 – Summer 2018 vs Spring 2018 Book:
- Our share went from 1.7 to 1.5;
*Toronto Station Rankers A12+
- Our share went from 2.2 to 2.1;
The following show and audience trends were noted in the 13-week summer period versus the 13-week spring period:
*Weekday Program Trending Report A35-64, shows which increased:
- Music to Listen to Jazz By up 4.3 to 5.0;
- Music Mornings up 0.5 to 0.7;
- Afternoon Drive up 1.8 to 1.9.
*Weekend Program Trending Report, shows which increased:
- Radio Deluxe 1.1 to 1.3;
- Sunday Breakfast Blend 1.3 to 1.7;
- First Listen 0.3 to 1.2.
*JAZZFM.91 Audience share
- A12 + | 2.1 Share | 374,700 weekly reach | down from spring Book by .1;
- A35-64 | 1.5 Share | 157,00 weekly reach | down from spring book by .2 and 32,700 weekly reach;
- A25-54 | 1.2 Share | 145,000 weekly reach | down from Spring book by .4 and 15,100 weekly reach.
For more information, contact Gail Phillip, Associate Director Sales email@example.com.